Thursday 5 February 2009

Query about The Old Ship, Tatsfield

I recently recvd an email from a reader enquiring about the Monteiths who ran the Old Ship in Tatsfield -

Hello:

Before we moved to Canada in 1960 we spent tons of time with our parents,grandparents and aunts and uncles at the old ship in Tatsfield. Their old friends Ian and Doss Monteith ran the pub at the time. We were kids and mostly roamed the countryside, played with frogspawn from the pond, rode ponies, and had a lovely time with our cousin Tricia, uncle Ian's daughter.

We have long lost touch as all of my English rellies are long gone. I am probably considered an OLD rellie myself by now.... relic!

Do you have any further information about the Monteiths, can you shed any light on the whereabouts of the family.

I am planning on coming to England in the future and would be interested in hunting down some threads of the past. I remember the Ship so clearly, and scrunching chips and peanuts and anything else we could get our sticky fingers on, for our midnight feasts. The lovely smell of the saloon is still a fragrant memory.

I came across you by Google. Hope you don't mind. Bit of a ramble, this!!

yours sincerely

Grizelda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi I have just stumbled across this old post. if you still would like to find out more please get in contact with me as i am Tricia's son.

Regards Jason